!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Judging

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Judging

is that last thing moms should do to other moms... Come on girls - you have been through it or are going through it, you know how difficult it is. There's no clarity on the path ahead, you have no instructions on what is right or what is wrong, you just have your brains,some past learning told to you and your feelings to guide you. So many times you know you made a mistake, so why do you pass a judgement on other moms? Believe me they are doing their best and please do not judge the mom by the child. I cringe everytime someone says, 'I am sure the parents must be teaching them, else how can a child think and behave that way.' I cringe - a child CAN behave nasty without being taught by any parent to do so - I am still to come across a parent who teaches their child to be nasty. Children are not robots whose programming was done by the parents! Yes, parents do shape children but I think to what extent is often over-estimated by many.

OK, no I am not angry - I just felt pathetic for a parent on whom the above judgements were being passed.... There are so many times Arunav and Aarushi has behaved in a way which has really embarassed me and I feel mortified to think that I am supposed to carry the blame of that - why? Kids always try to push the boundary to see what is really the acceptable limit, why should parents be blamed for everytime they try to do that? I dont even know this mother on whom the judgement was being passed, but I was trying to put myself in her situation and I really felt for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home