!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: The new world

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The new world

and do we really realize when and how we slowly creep into it?

I was doing my routine. Reading them books at bedtime - I was explaining what a thimble is....and Aarushi asked,

'But mamma - what IS a needle and what is stitching?'

For one shocking moment I realized, she has never till date seen a needle nor has she seen anyone stitching. We hardly get any tears; they outgrow their dresses before they tear....
It made me feel uncomfortable of the world around me - suddenly it felt so unreal. But that unreality is real now....

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Raman said...

had a similar experience with my kids with writing letters.. my son asked me, "can't you just email?" :-)

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Tuya said...

:) Arunav was and still is to a lesser extent struggling with his writing(takes too long) - he had given me the exact reply - why do I need to practise writing - no one writes, we just need to touch the pad!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home