!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Arunav's farewell to S

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Arunav's farewell to S

When the kids go to school, and I sit near the window, a book, a cup of tea - I say a small thank you for just being. To whom is my thank you, I dont know.

The months they passed by, the hairs they have greyed,
I dont look old, I still look happy and gay.
She asked me, why dont you dye your hair;
I realized I could smile and think,'I really dont care.'

Arunav's very good friend left Hong Kong. We went to bid them goodbye at night, we had dinner and the boys played till midnight even though they had a flight at 11.00 next morning. Next morning, Arunav woke up at 6.30 and asked me,'Mamma am I late to say bye to S? Can we go to the airport?' I woke up with groggy eyes and wondered what to say... we would have to leave at 7.30 if we have to see them and that also for probably 20 minutes.... it's quite crazy, but then it IS about being crazy and in my heart I still dont believe in being sensible about these.

So 7.30 in the morning we went and it being HK Marathon weekend, it took us ages before we reached and before we came back. At return, Arunav just said,'Mamma, it took long but it was worth it.' That's the crazy son of the crazy mama 'If you dont love too much you dont love enough'.

And this post is to A, without whose insistence I would not have come back.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Edinburgh Flats for rent said...

Enjoyed reading your blog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home