!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Why swim?

Friday, October 11, 2013

Why swim?

was a question a very upset Aarushi asked me.

I said, 'well it may be because it is a survival skill you need to learn so you don't die by drowning - you know 3/4th of the earth is water, right?'

Still frowning,'I will never go near sea.'

Me: 'what if the plane crashes?'

A: I will never go on vacation or in a plane

Me: What if there is a tsunami?

A: I will die anyway - no one can swim in tsunami!

Oh dear.... finally logical thinking gave way and I am guilty of bribing her with a lollypop after swim. From all my parenting learnings in workshops and books, I have leapfrogged into the sweet world of "whatever works" - and yes, I do mean the word "leapfrogged" - it is an advancement - huff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home