!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Rentree

Monday, September 02, 2013

Rentree


Kids start school tomorrow. We came back and slept for hours on end, as if there is no tomorrow, there was no yesterday.

We survived - for the time being at least.

I had a chocolate ice cream. I had a sumptuous chicken curry and rice. I had some medicines while remembering that fat, jovial doctor looking keenly into me and telling S, "Very often people who are drowning, if they do not put up their hands and cry for help - no one notices, and they die." He turned to me and said, "That would be very foolish, wouldn't it?" and at my expression gave me the widest brightest smile - I must have given him a really incredulous look for him to smile like that :)

India is always a surprise. Surprise is stored in every corner of it - and springs at you when you least expect it! I absolutely love that country, it is no short of a miracle. It is so difficult to find India in the newspapers - it is in the walking around, interactions, smiles, cries, openly lingering everywhere. It is true of every country of course - but whether due to my familiarity or not, I find it true of India in a far greater scale than for others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home