!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Revisiting Kohlberg

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Revisiting Kohlberg

Psychology is a subject I must read up now. I thought I did read quite a bit in the Cognitive development and Moral development and you-name-it development by Piaget, Kohlberg and who not - but I still am not prepared for what the children are throwing up - so I obviously do not know enough.

While out eating lunch the other day, I leaned forward to pick up the quinoa salad when Arunav very casually said, 'Mama, you may want to pull up your t-shirt a little bit.' He continued eating his sandwich as if it was a remark about the weather, while leaving me stuttering for words. He is in HK, he must be seeing 100s of women wearing low cuts, why me?! Never have I been wearing so conservative that he has a preconceived notion, neither has he been influenced by society (hardly one exists here for us)...and yet I am missing something here. Why did he think that was not proper?

And then the other day while watching one of the Harry Potters, he quickly told off Aarushi just before a kissing scene, 'Aarushi close your eyes now.' Aarushi equally non-chalantly,'Are they going to kiss?' Arunav,'Yes, I will tell you when to open.' Arunav coolly watches the scene while Aarushi is all squeezed up.

Both me and Shyam were silent spectators at the sofa beside - they did not realize how dumb founded we were. We never told Arunav to close eyes for ANY scene - least of all kissing - and here we go...

So Kohlberg, here I come - I should have read more about you in that class rather than just the handouts.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home