!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Many good things

Friday, October 25, 2013

Many good things

makes us all happy.

It is school holiday. Kids are at home, eating breakfast in the bed with the sun streaming down their backs. Then they make sour candies at home and lap it all up :)

THE professor told me my presentation of my dissertation was so good that it is worth publishing if I am willing and he does not easily throw empty compliments for encouragement nor make empty promises. That boosted my spirits to work for my dissertation which has been lying in a dusty corner as I run around with kids. But who do I share the satisfaction with - N, the lady far from the other side of the world who is as strong as any woman I have seen before. She was more excited and impressed than I was, 'Shu this was brilliant - pls work on your dissertation - send me after you write a section and I will help you with it.' What a woman! (Not because she offered me invaluable help, but I know what load she has being a doctorate student, mother of a 2-year old and father living elsewhere)

Aarushi stunned me again by solving almost all of her brother's maths homework - she mentally solved 1.28*4 in less than 30 secs. I always thought maths was not her forte.

She was upset with me yesterday for not giving her any work just like I give 'dada'. She got onto her desk angrily and started writing in a copy. She ended up writing a lovely girly story about Lyvia and the magnificent swan, which I will surely put here another day!

Life is good when kids have holiday :) but I still have a choice to make. So should I publish -should I pick up the platter in front? 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home