!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Arunav's first poem

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Arunav's first poem

Arunav wrote this poem in school. He did not get any award - another girl in his class got it. The first attempt and a boy's attempt shows in the writing, but I am immensely proud of it - specially the last paragaph! I could not help laughing at the typical boy's stuff though: aliens, monsters, aborigines - ha ha ha!

The Magic Brain

I will put in the magic brain

Awkward aliens actually adventuring in and achieving airplanes,
a dream of a running boy,
And an army of aborigines absorbing apples.

I will put in the magic brain

The whole city of Melbourne frozen to ice,
A man with nostrils like ice and eyes like fire,
And an elephant man.

I will put in the magic brain

Arjun achieving something great and shouting ‘YIPPEE!’
My sight going all fuzzy
And a possibility of a King checking a King in chess.

I will put in the magic brain

Monsters falling in love and

a man and woman joining forces,
Lorenzo suddenly being sent to Dreamland.

All around my brain

Are Greek myths,
In the corners Hydras
and the Telkhines are slaves for the center.

I shall


Dive down deep and see,
What glories await me.
Then change things I despise
And have an unstoppable future.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He writes this kind of stuff at 7, Sulata? I don't understand poetry-- but just the vocabulary is awesome (deserves a better word-- but I am limited by my own vocabulary). M

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Tuya said...

Ha ha - limited vocabulary indeed - that cannot come from one of the best english speakers in NITD!! Yeah, his vocab is good - he reads a lot. Recently in school they made him write a myth, which I thought he wrote better than this "poem" - the vocabulary was quite unbelieveable - if I did not know he wrote it for sure, I wouldnt believe it either. Will post it here soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home