!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Strings of motherland

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Strings of motherland

There's always something magical about songs.... this one's been in facebook for sometime and I cant ignore it anymore.... in spite of the fusions, in spite of the pronunciations....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VcaiUOmjDQ&feature=share

It makes me stop midway of work. It makes me realize I have a part of me somewhere that loves to sing, that loves music, loves songs. It is a very normal plain song. There is no musical ingenuity.... and yet there is something about the words and the music all bengalis have grown up with.... that I cannot ignore. Why ignore? Ah, the veneer of forgetfulness is essential to survival.... and now that I am done with conundrums, let me talk of the kids.

I am loving a bedtime routine we had started sometime back, stopped in between and have renewed again and that's 'bedtime meditation' and chant of 'ohm'. It is so soothing and calming that I realized I need it more than the kids! Luckily for me, so far the kids love it too and it is the sweetest experience to watch them in padmasan, eyes fluttering in an effort to keep them closed and with all sincerity breathing in and breathing out with their little lips puckered in the shape of "ohm" :) Absolutely priceless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home