!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: At the dentists

Monday, September 06, 2010

At the dentists

It is not funny - the number of times I have been to the dentist for Arunav.. I have never been for myself ever and this is my son!
I sit during these trials and try to focus on anything but that dreaded chair! Poor boy.

So I sat and watched the harbour with the orange clouds, the tall office tower - the windows of which reflected the setting sun right into the dentists' chamber. The ferries scurry from one side to the other. I can see the one leaving for Discovery Bay - long time .....and I dont want to see ferries anymore. So I turn and look at the promenade in front of the ferry. I can see myself sitting there on a night with the lights blinking on the shore, the breeze blowing, the cool of the late night of a very hot day and two women struggling with their pain, two souls trying to swim to the shore, two souls searching for the beauty that was..... was it an attempt to build back a crumbled bridge or just looking at the shambles of one that can never be built again.

I turn away. I go and hold the hand of Arunav so the teeth doesn't hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home