!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Back home

Monday, July 19, 2010

Back home

It is peaceful. There's no one in the house. Shyam had to go to office. The kids went to play down and I am at home with the yellow lights on, there is not a noise but that of my typing. Outside sunset has happened, the evening sky is dark blue, the lights of the building are slowly switching on and it is soooo quiet. Most people probably are on summer vacation still. But I love this solitude and quiet. I dont want to hear even music, just me and this quietness - yes, home is beautiful too :)
Yes, this seems a new HK to me - all my illusions may vanish tomorrow, but who cares. Today it is there, today it is real. I can feel the night descending on the city - the sound of that is audible to me today, it is not covered up in the noise of phonecalls, talking to friends, arranging playdates, TVs, going to dinners.....today I can watch the sky turning from blue to deeper blue and then darker till it goes black. The lights in my room become brighter, the birds slowly return to the bunch of trees down there....

Lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home