!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Escher, Inception and Perception

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Escher, Inception and Perception

The other day when we watched inception, I pointed out to Shyam, the concept of never-ending staircases have been taken from the Penrose stairs and that reminded me of Escher's drawing of "Ascending and descending".... today morning I wanted to revisit his drawings - I used to be quite a fan of his in my school days...the concept of optical illusion so well and thoroughly explored.

When I was in school, I had to spend hours in College Street digging up books of Escher - thankfully there were plenty - but I had to take time to go and find the books. Now: I think about it when having breakfast, switch on the computer with my cup of chocolat (yeah, I have switched to this version from 'chocolate'), type it in google image and voila! I have the whole wealth in front of me - 5 minutes! I love the modern times :)

"There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception." A. Huxley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home