!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Mumbai

Monday, July 29, 2013

Mumbai

after 2010.

The rainy season is supposed to be an irritant, but pleasant when indoors. The breeze is cooler, the green looks fresh washed. It's nice. It's soothing.

There's a struggle everyday. There's a destiny to be fulfilled.

The octogenarian in fresh white kurta-pyajama smiled and said, you are a lucky one who is getting such an opportunity and they are the lucky ones to have you. I agreed, but I do not want this opportunity, I do not want me or them to be lucky this way - not for what I have to do, but for what she has to go through to make me lucky. What I have to do fades in front of what she has to....

But that slim, smiling, still standing straight 80 year old person impressed me at his capacity to stay positive - in spite of what life has dealt out to him.... what strength, what attitude. Many of us just speak our attitude - he is living it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home