!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Natural education

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Natural education

Arunav has suddenly become more conscious of the difference between a girl's and boy's physical structure. The other day he pointed to his chest and told very matter-of-factly, 'You know mamma, I also have these and Aarushi also have these - but mine will not grow big - just a little maybe. But Aarushi's will grow big because she is a girl - just like you.'

I have never talked to him about natural development etc - but I guess with age they automatically notice and learn? I guess it should be a healthy development.....

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nowadays kids are much more innocent than we were.even at arunav's age i would feel shy to share such feelings with my mom.we moms have also learnt to take it in our stride. i wonder how my mother would have reacted to such observations?

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Tuya said...

absolutely - I dont think I ever talked to my mother abt these things - dont know how we knew not to talk about it! But it's interesting that you say kids are more innocent now - I have normally heard people telling the opposite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home