!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Our Third Culture Kids(TCK)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Third Culture Kids(TCK)

have very unique curiosities about India. I had once heard a little boy in Tokyo exclaiming at the sound of "shankh": "Is that an Indian whistle?"

Today we had to go for a mundan ceremony and I explained it to Arunav. After a patient hearing he wondered,"Why do we have to watch a haircut?"
When we were having Gulab jamuns, he again asked the hostess for the "soup" of the gulab jamun!

It used to irritate me when Indians staying in "foreign" used such lingo and suddenly my own house resembles such a structure and I 'understand' it - it doesnt bring out that disgust in me and it makes me wonder whether I am also moving away from my own culture - do I not feel that deeply about it anymore? I would be scared if that ever happened !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home