!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Mother's guilt syndrome

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Mother's guilt syndrome

Raising a child is challenging in many ways - one of them being accepting the deficiencies of your child whom you want to be near perfect even though none of us are! And when we cant do anything about them being human, we try to explain their deficiency. I think Arunav cannot run as fast and his legs seem a bit weak because I did not take Calcium supplements during my pregnancy - no matter how much my rational and well-read mind tries to explain that is supposed to harm me, not my child as much. A friend yesterday confided, she thinks her boy is a bit moody, reserved and gets angry because that's how she was when she was carrying him.... if mother's pregnancy mood swings affected all children born - we wouldn't be having many happy children I guess.

Our eternal strife to make ourselves believe our little treasure would have been perfect had it not been for something we did!

3 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Arunav could run really fast, would you say it was because the mother happened to be a sprint champion (or was it runner up) a decade and half ago?

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Tuya said...

ha ha ha - that is the best comment I could ever hv got on this post :)
Nope sir, somehow I dont feel like taking credit for anything worthwhile he does - I hv this weird feeling - after all, it is not only me who is shaping him. And I dont absolutely know why the same logic doesnt work the other way - feelings are queer things!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Wee Kean said...

Don't worry, you are not the only one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home