!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dr. Seuss

I just read Dr. Seuss' "And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street" to Arunav and it left me tongue-tied. Arunav had fun but I felt very sad. I started thinking back of times when I have been stern with Arunav or Aarushi and I was wondering whether I had also squashed their imagination as the father in the book did! Ooh the ending gave my heart a tight squeeze and once again made me think, children are quite priceless and small little wonders which we dont always appreciate enough because we understand so less - but a lot many times we DO or else we wouldnt be writing or appreciating books like these :))

" "Nothing," I said, growing red as a beet, "But a plain horse and wagon on Mulberry Street..." "
The last line that made my eyes feel pricky.

A must read.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Tuya said...

Trivia: Realized a lot later that this is the Dr's first children's book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home