!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: No 'one world' for us

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

No 'one world' for us

When I went to India for my father's funeral leaving the kids behind, we explained to both of them how Dadan(grandpa) is not well and mama has to go.
Three days after I left, Aarushi fell sick and in that 104 fever she told Shyam - I am also not well, why is mama not coming to me.....
I am sure mama's go through lot of heartbreaking moments, this was one such moment. I felt guilty and helpless and lost with lack of choice. Do I take care of the one person(my mama) who has given her life for me and when she needs me the most or do I come to my 2 year old who must be feeling so insecure and needs me too.... which world do I cater to?

4 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i am shocked. kaku ke onekdin dekhini tao onar mukhta ekdonm sposto aamar kacche.i pray for his peace and also pray to HIM to soothe the pain of all whom he has left behind. I don't know what i wold do if i faced this dilemma. on the other hand i think this is a very crucial time for kakima who has lost her world. god willing aarushi will be better anytime, but this is the time to be beside kakima cos to overcome her pain she needs everyone. aamar kache titor no. ta chilo hariye felechi, kaakimar songey kota boltey chai bye

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Tuya said...

I am glad tui agree korli. I was selfish in staying on - I was scared, I wont get a second chance for ma and I knew being a baby Aarushi is stronger than ma at that stage....but I will always remember this. Barir no-33-25734618 - ma khub khushi hobe tor phone peye....
I, with all my distractions cannot get normal - I dont know what ma is going thru....

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think of what your mother would have done if she had ever faced such a dilemma. And that should hopefully help you avoid any feeling of guilt. It's natural to feel sad and helpless, but so is the decision to go and take care of your baby. Mothers understand, even in their toughest times.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Tuya said...

Manoj - thx. I stayed with ma actually. As I said, I thought Aarushi was stronger than ma at that stage. I did leave ma before the main rituals though...guess I was just trying to 'balance' - another name for a little compromise here and a little there to satisfy our own mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home