!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: People

Monday, March 30, 2009

People

“YOU know, I may have to be born again, you see, I have fallen in love with mankind.” Swami Vivekananda.

When I got the news of my father, I left in a great hurry without the kids. No one in my house really knows how to cook(I may claim limited knowledge of it), but during the 10 days of my absence, my kids got more food than they could possibly have eaten and to the extent of having the luxury of choosing their lunch boxes (pasta-n-spring rolls, etc)! So many friends came and helped in this time of need - without us asking - that I was really touched and I dont think anything I do can ever equal what they did during those days.

"Shobar opore manush sotyo, tahar opore nai."
Sorry for the lack of 'cultural diversity', I will leave that untranslated, for I dont think I can translate the essence of those words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home