!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Role of 'others'

Monday, February 27, 2012

Role of 'others'

It is common knowledge how everyone in the society adds to the development of a child. Today was a holiday, Aarushi went for a playdate, Arunav was at home. I gave Arunav the little painting canvas gifted by S and asked him if he would like to try? (He hates drawing and art!) He said,'OK, I will try.' He sat and worked at the black parts and once finished said,'I am done.' I asked,'Why dont you try a bit more and just finish, it does not matter whether it is very good or not.' He relaxed more and kept working and this was the result. It made me incredibly happy and grateful to S - only because she gifted it! I would never buy such a thing because of his lack of interest. It made me happy, the fact that Arunav tried and did a decent job - it is probably something a talented 3 year old can do, but I dont care - for me it is so satisfying that he ventured into an uncomfortable zone and did a good job.... Thanks to all the people around us who knowingly unknowingly make such a difference in the overall growth of a child.

2 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger Aparna said...

So true, I too get a huge kick when the kids do something out of their comfort zone.
You hadn't been blogging lately...now I see you are back to blogger and fb :)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Tuya said...

Thanks Apu - yes, I love writing :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home