!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Where the heart is

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Where the heart is

Today Arunav started his first day in Primary 1 - he is a proper school-er now. The teachers encourage independence by giving multiple step instructions "If you brought your journal, put it on that table, find your name in the hook and hang your bag."
It is simple enough instruction for a 5 year old but being the first day in a new class and a new teacher - I could see Arunav's slightly perplexed face and my heart went out to him.... I think I am someone who keeps pushing for his independence so he is comfortable in situations, but my heart still was with him in that class where I left him - not at the home I came back to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home