!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: The beholder

Saturday, July 13, 2013

The beholder


6.00am.

The sun streamed through the window with the promise of another bright, blue-sky day. The softest, gentlest, coolest breeze blew the curtains. A treat for the senses. The 'me' who equated sunshine to high spirits a few posts back, felt dull glum gloomy and stared at the spectacle listlessly. It aroused no interest.

Someone has poured gall over the days. The eye wears that grey tinted glass.

It has not yet started, but the fear, the fear, THE fear. Paralyzing, crippling fear.

A Greek word I wish I never knew, I wish never came into my world - "myelo".

We all survive or die on it, yet I wish I never knew. 

And yet it stands in front of me like an invisible black stone - hard in its presence yet so elusive.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home