!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Fame, Name

Friday, March 29, 2013

Fame, Name

Leos have a natural affinity towards name and fame...or so they say. Is it possible to tire of the superficiality? Or is it too delicious to give up? Is it too basic a human need to be appreciated and recognized by others - is it too basic to ignore?

She asked me, why did you not post the video of your UNESCO panel in ...book? For a moment I wondered, what for - to hear people saying wow? But it isn't really... Your name is in the ADB book? You are taking part in the ADB policy forum?

Yes to all that - and I can see people think that is great. But why do I not feel so? I just feel lucky to get the chance - the right nationality, the right effort, the right gender at the right place, right time.

Till I feel great about whatever I have really truly accomplished, the names do not really mean anything to me now. Even 7 years back, it was not so - I loved that placard saying "Citibank Excellence Award given to ..." Why is it not now anymore? I have no answer, it is just the way it is. It fails to reach inside me.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! for attaining the level of self-actualisation, where you've gone beyond the need for appreciation and recognition. It's a nice space to be in
-- another Leo who is far from letting go off those crutches!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Tuya said...

:) Just saw this. Looking forward to meeting all of you soon ! I do not think I have got rid off those crutches - it's about when you really think you deserve and have really earned the accolades :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home