!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Another Karva Chauth

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Another Karva Chauth

Had a beautiful yet very busy Karva Chauth day. I fasted without water/food and it was no worry at all. Had a HKU meeting for 3 hours held at a venue 1 hour far - umph, but had a lovely meeting - yayyy! Came back at noon, made Shahi Tukda. My first attempt - loved the result. People loved it too, they said I have a flair for desserts and each is a piece of art - yay! Went and met a visiting friend from my engineering days - that was lovely. Met Seema - the one with the beautiful eyes and the infectious happiness around her always - again yay! When I broke the fast the moon was up, the room was peaceful and I could imagine S rightaway, even though he was not here for me to break it - yay once more! Loved the talk and laughter buzzing around C's house...though some people always can hurt - really wonder how some always have that special capacity of having no other interaction with you, coming to you, saying a really hurtful thing in the guise of a fake laugh and move away - hrmph!

But so many yays to outweigh the umph and hrmphs :)

Oh and one more - with the leftover bread from shahi tukda, I made a caramel bread pudding - first attempt and success. What more can someone want?

The bottle of perfumed time
was empty.
Clean, sparkling, fresh.
Lustrous whiteness
The lilies of new times
New beginnings.

Hetha hote jao puraton!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home