!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Just a Day

Monday, October 29, 2012

Just a Day

The kids' break is coming to an end. Ma is leaving today. The weather is dull, morose with an overcast sky but no rains. Its ugly grey shrouds the entire city. Aarushi laughs after playing a computer game. She comes, cracks a joke and asks me to pretend to laugh even though I have heard it before. Arunav teases Aarushi, Aarushi hits him, Arunav cries. Ma sits and watches them, laughs at their constant activity while wondering if I am ok, if my fever is gone or I am just hiding it from her so she would not worry. I leave her at airport express, say a brief bye to the kids and run to my class thinking about the unread parts of Kohlberg's theory..... worrying if the kids will feel too lonely today with no Shyam, no didun(my mother) and me.

And all the time, the earth goes round the sun, the stars shine down, the trees breathe like clockwork, like every other day. No memories, no emotion, no worries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home