!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Satvo, Rajo, Tamo

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Satvo, Rajo, Tamo

The three gunas that are the basis of us. The renunciation, the ambition and the ignorance. All of us having a mixture of these, but which are the predominant ones in us? Which is the over-ruling guna that rules our being? I was surprised when ma said - it is satvo and rajo in me -with more satvo than rajo. Nothing like it when the colour you want to see yourself in, is reflected by others - when they think that's what you are. Specially if that is someone as critical as your own mother!

But shouldn't age make a difference? When I am 16, is it not natural to have very little satvo and as we grow older the satvo takes over. Ma thinks no - she said, I was always like that - even when I was 10. Even at 10, I pestered her to go to BelurMath. What's wrong with me?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home