!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: The lady

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The lady

sat on the bench under the umbrella-shaped shed which was farthest from the sunshine. She was wrinkled, had no teeth but the most beautiful peaceful expression I have ever seen. She should be at least above 85. As I wrongly chose another bench to sit down while the kids played, she mildly gestured me to sit beside her. I realised why she chose that one quick enough as the sun poured all over the bench I had chosen, leaving hers in perfect shade and breeze.

After I was seated, there was hardly any space but as the sweating kids came running, she immediately showed them the little space between us for them to sit - all the time beautifully smiling and muttering in Chinese... It was the closest feeling I had of a grandma I never had and one whom the kids miss. I was embarassed to feel so close to that soul with whom I could not even communicate a word, least of all what I felt for her.

But why worry - every feeling need not be communicated. Communication of a feeling sometimes leaves expectations of a consequence; some feelings stay and pass without any such expectations, any such burden - free and perfect and pure.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the ubiquitous "Like" button, oh you philosopher? :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Tuya said...

:) ha ha, can't help myself :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home