!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Deeper than all

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Deeper than all

Everytime I feel good about the frivolous things around me, I face reality - or I ask myself what is real and what is maya? I see Kedarnath - the place which is real, that which is real....

Totally shaken by the news of a friend's illness and sudden hospitalization. I feel useless being happy about grades, being happy about Arunav's first prize. Or is it my age which brings death, illness so close - it always happened to another generation, now it is so close. Ahh, but I am not 60 - why then? Why dont we see life till it threatens us - death, illness is so much more real... yet we want to be happy with achievement, what is achievement?

The shock, the pain, the fear
makes all frivolous, all meaningless.
Reaching deeper than the deepest depth
Feeling lighter than any feeling ever felt
The feeling of nothingness around.
The fear of seeing reality we do not want to see
Riding the waves of hope and fear,
To fight or face the inevitable...
oneday, someday?

Praying for you Sid - may you come out of the operation and bring the smile back in Saby's face.

2 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..... if you get a chance, read the book 'It's not about the bike' by Lance Armstrong (in case you haven't read it already). I'm half-way through it and found certain parts particularly touching.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Tuya said...

Nope - have not, will pick it up definitely - sounds good. Currently reading 'Tao of physics' - very interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home