!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Bribery

Monday, March 29, 2010

Bribery

I had to scold Aarushi for something - a solid good scolding. She stomps and cries for a while. Then comes back pouting her lips and has the gall to tell me "I will give you lots of stickers if you never ever scold me again."

I had a hard time wondering whether to laugh or scold her again! And no I have never bribed her into doing things - never told her I will give you stickers if you do something! I had a tough time maintaining my poise and telling her it doesnt always work that way....

2 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous monicalin said...

On the contrary, I think I bribe my daughter often...although I know that I should not do so. Many times, I just lost my patience and said "If you ...then I will..." or "If you do this well, then I will give you a piece of chocolate...", these words just flew out of my lips. You are such a good mother compare to me.
Motherhood is not easy, I know many theories and I can think reasonable when I calm down, BUT things always go out of your control...Well, I will try my best not to do so or at least do less. :-)

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Tuya said...

When you say that I must correct myself - I cannot say I have never bribed but I am not sure if below is also bribing. It is more like Aarushi if you dont get ready now, we will miss the bus and you cannot go to school - which I think is not real bribing - or is it? ha ha - dont worry I am not such a super mother at all - will tell u some horrific tales when i lost my cool :) We r first human and then mother!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home