!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: A peek

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A peek

While grocery shopping today I had an interesting experience. I heard a kid screaming (sounded something like a tantrum) behind the rack I was looking into. I could also hear the mother very calmly asking,"Do you want some more?" The kid burst into another teary scream and said,"Nooo..." I had a passing thought while continuing shopping - maybe, the kid doesnt want to eat anymore, when I turned to the other side(not to peek, just to shop - I am past the stage when a kid's tantrum catches my attention!) and found the flustered mother showing a fist to the kid and still very calmly saying,"Do you want some more?" - she turned away as soon as I came into her visibility zone.

If I was not a mother, I would have thought that inhuman. But being a mother, it reminded me of what one great lady had told me,"All mothers are humans, we all have our limits...." I found myself embarassed to sympathise not only with the kid but also with the mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home