!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Through the eyes of a child

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Through the eyes of a child

Curious

I love the wonder with which a baby looks at the world. For Arunav 90% of the world is part of the living room where he can now back-crawl and explore and remaining when he goes out on a ride in his perambulator (I still prefer this old-fashioned word to 'stroller').

Outside
When out on a stroll he looks at almost everything with wide-eyed curiosity and wonder. I normally dont pay attention - I assume they are things I have seen, I know. The other day I was curious finding him looking rather animated-ly at the sky - sure enough, it was a crimson red - the setting sunrays reflected on the huge cumulous clouds. It was awesome. My baby too teaches me how to open my eyes and look at the wonders around us - he helps me to clear my mind of the hundred thoughts that block my vision!

Inside
He is immensely happy when he sees the red/blue cloth-book he has. He leaves normal playthings like the gym we have bought for him or the big Pluto, Pooh & other soft toys - but is immensely interested in the wires of the laptop or the heating carpet; the videocam, the area outside the hot carpet(!), the plate in which I eat, my coffee mug. Shyam is right - the toys marketed by toy manufacturers are actually for the parents who think their children will like it - not really for the children - they are happy with simpler & more mundane objects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home