!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Mama's help

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Mama's help

There are numerous websites and books one can refer to but my top-of-the-mind-recalls are the following which was really helpful in and on the way to my new life as a mom:

BOOKS:

The Girlfriends' guide to Pregnancy
Wh
en hit by those pregnancy blues nothing like this book to pep up your spirit in addition to providing some key guidelines. I enjoyed the sense of humour of the author - no matter how blue you feel once you read through this you are bound to laugh out loud and wonder what bogged you down in the first place! Get one of your friends (Thanks Sujata!) to gift you this .


What to Expect the First Year and What to Expect when You're Expecting
Comprehensive coverage of everything one might need during/before and occasionally after first year. The dos and donts are pragmatic in line with the thoughts of mothers.

WEBSITES:

www.babycenter.com - you can also send some lovely baby gifts to friends going through the same stage.
www.askdrsears.com
The one site which unequivocally convinced me on breastfeeding. I am a total convert now. It also helped me a lot in dealing with 'mastitis' - something I had in the first few weeks after delivery.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Sasha@Pw said...

I liked (for biased reasons)Pregnancy Weekly because I could track my pregnancy week by week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home