!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Origins of us

Monday, June 11, 2012

Origins of us

I know it is pretty normal to have pointed questions from kids about how and where they come from. I was pretty satisfied with my mother's 'you came from the cupboard in the hospital' answer for a very long time. I know no parent can get away with that in the current age and I know many would not want to.

Arunav has so far not asked, though I know he thinks about it but scarily enough he thinks 'he knows'.

The other day we travelled a bit quietly in a taxi when I heard him speaking to himself '...but if only two human beings were there and then we all came, we must be brothers and sisters all of us.... but then how can that be, brothers and sisters are not supposed to marry each other...' and he kept quiet and kept looking out of the window.

He must have thought, as usual, we are not listening to him. Little does he know, like them, we also listen selectively and we too do not miss the most important things they utter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home