!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: The personal space again

Friday, May 18, 2012

The personal space again

I took part in a panel discussion with top educationists from UNESCO, UNESCO HK, etc. My day was really busy and I came to know the topic yesterday - having to balance all other things including taking care of a French family staying with us, I had exactly 30 mins to write down a bit of my thoughts before I again had to scramble from one thing to the other. In spite of that, I spoke sense, coherently and so many people came and congratulated me. I felt glad and after a long time I ached for that achievement - I came back home, sat with the kids and kept thinking of what the senior professor told - lot of talent are unused in the realm of parenthood, it is a challenge for the society as well as inidividuals how much we push ourselves, what we think is balance.
I dont know the answers to those big questions, but I just know I lapped up the appreciation and realised how much I miss it, even though I deny myself of it, even though I do not want to trade my time with the kids for it. But it hit me well and hard that I do miss that space of mine. I miss the other part of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home