!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Parenthood is a humbling experience

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Parenthood is a humbling experience

Yesterday we finally decided which school to send Arunav in. Both the schools were good but we had to choose one. After the decision, I was feeling strange making such a big decision on behalf of Arunav. I cannot tell Arunav, 'It's your life, you choose.' At this stage, I need to make that choice for his life. What he experiences in school is because of the decision we made - the whole thought of it weighed so much on me. It is only so much that we know about the schools - and it is our quality of decision that will determine his school life. Well, I just have to think, we did our best and that's all that we can do.

The response of Ms. G of Arunav's school was very interesting though. She said, "Congratulations, I knew you would make that choice- it goes with your personality." It made me think, what we are, what our personalities are, shapes our children. I always knew that, but when it was put in this perspective - the dimension of it was suddenly very clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home