!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: What are my limits when the stakes go high

Monday, January 28, 2008

What are my limits when the stakes go high

Last Saturday Arunav(him only, without parents) had a school interview, it went on for over 1 hour and he seemed fine after he came out.

I had prepared myself (for days!) not to pressurise Arunav on this - no matter how tensed I feel and how disappointing it might be if he refuses to go in with the teacher alone. I distinctly remember our last experience of the same. Arunav was 2 yrs 4 months, he was supposed to go in all alone and he simply refused. We coaxed (read pressurised) him for a long time. I was angry why he could not walk in with a stranger into a strange room full of strangers!! When I think back I cannot believe I did that, I cannot believe I could become so inhuman. We were so paranoid about how to get Arunav into a good school...... when I speak this I know I am not the only HK parent who has gone through this. Schooling is such a difficult proposition here. People actually apply to schools when they become pregnant for the child till unborn....anyway I digress.

The experience made me realize, how one responds to a situation depends on how high the stakes are. My erstwhile boss had once told me, I am honest means nothing - you need to know till what limit you are honest.....you need to know that limit for every person you interact with. I need to know the limits of myself.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting.. great blog! makes me think a lot too, with govind and ridhi around..

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

very heartening to see reflections of a mama, especially for a new mom....gives so much positive emotions to see whats in store seeing ur l'le ones grow up:-) shu this is great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home