!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Arunav's Lessons of Life

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Arunav's Lessons of Life

We read a famous story of Ramakrishna to Arunav - one about the cobra who would bite everyone in a village. Then a monk preached him not to hurt anyone. The cobra was then hurt by the people who knew he will not bite. The monk saw the sad state of the cobra and told he should not bite but he can always hiss (in self-protection).

Though I told him the story, I did not think he will be able to internalize the meaning. Quite a few days later, Arunav came back from school and told me, mummum you tell me not to push but everyone pushes me. I said, I told you not to push but you can always say a loud 'Hey' when anyone pushes you - I did not tell you not to do that! Arunav thought for a while and said,"I should hiss - just like the cobra?" That floored me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home