!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Clash of egos

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Clash of egos

I always thought it is very difficult to have ego clash with a 2 year old - he is such a small little thing, how can one possibly have ego clash with him. But believe me I was wrong and you definitely can. A 2 year old has such a fierce concept of independence! It can happen over mealtime, playtime, studytime, art time - oh just about any time. Today it was about mealtime (a big majority of mine are over meals). I want him to eat breakfast before going out for play since his last bit of solid food was at 7.30pm the previous evening and it was 8.30am this morning - one would think I am justified in thinking so (pls say yes).

But no - my toddler wants to play first and while playing he will eat (a habit I am trying to discourage). After some ego struggle - I had to give up. I find it amazing that I almost never manage to win unless I happen to camouflage the struggle with "Let's read about Pooh and how he eats breakfast before we start playing - what do you think Arunav?". He gives his decision "Yes/No" and then we can proceed.....ahh, will I ever be able to say a simple "No" the way he does and get my way? Given current trends the answer seems to be 'never'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home