!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Possessiveness and Motherhood

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Possessiveness and Motherhood

Are you possessive about your child? I try not to be but there are times when I realize what I am feeling bears a teeny-weeny resemblance to this all-destructive sense. And then I wonder if I can feel that for a 2 year old child what must a big majority of mothers be feeling when a daughter-in-law walks into their lives. I always wondered (till I became a mother) why is there a prepetual undercurrent in the relationships of mother-in-laws and daughter-in-laws.....how can the two relationships be at a conflict when one is of a mother and another of a partner! I feel it all stems from a certain element of possessiveness that both parties have towards the poor guy who happens to be lying in between!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home