!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: That is the question

Sunday, February 27, 2005

That is the question

I am having the best time of my life now.
The night wakings are tough, the mornings feel groggy but I love to hold my child in my arms and watch him peacefully fall asleep - I enjoy that feeling of being needed, that million dollar gummy smile when he spots me, the soft palms and naughty eyes, watch his relentless efforts to reach an object, grab it, examine it from all angles to decide whether to chew it - everything....
But I have another life which pays me money for my efforts. It gives me a different social standing, it also gives me a certain sense of individual achievement, it offers me challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them. This life is purely my own - I dont share that with my husband or my child.
When these two lives are opposing each other which one should I go for? Can one really balance the two? Which is sacrificed? And at what cost? Will I be able to pay that price?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home