!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Honesty, PV and an unlikely deep friendship

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Honesty, PV and an unlikely deep friendship

It was the 20th of Jan. 

The seaside breeze blew into our hairs. The sun shimmered onto the blue water which glistened in glee. We were walking as fast as our legs could manage.

There was no pause before she spoke.

We walked and she told me about what she was suffering from. Told simply, told honestly, told beautifully with no pretence. I have broken my heart in pursuit of honesty and truth - nothing but the truth. So I admired it immensely. Bare naked truth impresses me with its beauty. Always. No attempt at glossing over.

From then on, she confided and she spoke of her biggest fears with no qualms at all. How I grew to admire her from someone who did not take to her openness right away... a few years back. She spoke everyday. She expressed her frustration. She expressed her strength. I could not tell her - her strength lies in her honesty with herself and others.

She called when her radiation stopped. She expressed her fears. She expressed her vulnerability. 
Does she realise how beautiful that makes someone?

Prayers for you dear P. I have given so much of myself that right now I am a bit bereft. However, I will fill myself again.

Till then, I will pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home