!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Too quick too fast

Friday, January 09, 2015

Too quick too fast

Right after my post yesterday came the news of cancer again.


My friend and someone I feel close to - whether she does or not, is immaterial to me. I do. Someone younger than me. Someone with beautiful children, beautiful simple family. Touched by the C word.

I still cannot talk or think about it without choking.... and I wonder when will it come even nearer.

It is the easiest cancer - best success rate - should be no worry....and yet why can I not digest it?

The end result is not the only thing. It is the journey, it is the path - ahh, how long and how painful and how life-changing it is.... There is no fun, there is no joy, all that you have and need is "grit" "grit" grit" with loads of faith.

I feel like the senseless animal who wants to just ask - why? Why she? Why them? I tell myself "it's ok" and something inside me cries out 'how is it ok?'

I know I will feel better. I know they will be fine. I know life will go on. I know they will emerge stronger.

That same feeling of the silent volcanic eruption which shakes up the whole system. Tomorrow will look better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home