!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Mama's World: Touched

Monday, April 18, 2005

Touched

Happiness is so nebulous - sometimes a smile from a stranger when you are really stressed helps. Today it was a simple act of help from the Human Resource Department of my office which touched me. I was scrambling to get a last minute documentation completed for my application for DayCare to be submitted to the Minato Ward Office - when Hirota-san sent me a mail asking for the relevant person's number so he could talk to him. I did not have it and was struggling to get through the Ward Office with my sub-standard Japanese skills - by the time I managed to contact him - he told me Hirota-san had just talked to him. (I guess he could guess the delay was due to language) - a simple act on his part but one he was not obliged to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home